Everyone loves a good road trip. Packing the car with your favorite snacks, getting that rockin playlist on shuffle and cruising around with the sunroof down with friends are some of the best things to do over the weekend during the summer.
If you are planning your next road trip with friends or family, why not consider visiting Gainesville FL?
In this article, I will show you some of the top reasons you should visit Gainesville and why it has become such a popular tourist destination – one that you should definitely add to your tick list. I will also go on to show you 10 of the best places to visit in Gainesville FL and will let you in on just why they are so utterly brilliant. Stay tuned.
Why Visit Gainesville FL?
Gainesville is becoming increasingly popular as a place to visit as it is home to the University of Florida which is well-renowned for its world-class educational system and top standard of teaching.
Gainesville is also a popular holiday location due to the large number of beaches in the area, all with different attractions and sights to see that appeal to everyone. There are beaches with piers, waterparks and other attractions for families with children and beaches next to quaint towns for those who like a historical walk along the beach.
Top 10 Places To Visit
Are you ready to find out what else is in store for you when you come to visit Gainesville? Then check out the top 10 locations listed below that will keep you occupied during your stay.
- La Chua Vintage. If you love sightseeing then you will enjoy traveling back in time inside the quaint boutique La Chua Vintage. Take a peek at Florida’s traditional lifestyle and have a browse at handcrafted goods at this store. If you are looking for a unique present or souvenir that screams Florida, this is the place to find it.
- Agapanthus. If you are looking for the perfect gift for Christmas, a birthday or an anniversary then take a look inside Agapanthus. Agapanthus has a great selection of unique gifts that are perfect for the home and to give to family and friends.
- Book Gallery West. This book gallery is the perfect place to get lost in the world of literature. Here you will find a collection of your all-time favorite reads that you love picking up time and time again and you will also find some more quirky choices that will make a great gift for a real bookworm.
- Arcade Bar. This is the perfect bar if you fancy meeting up with friends. It has great techno decor and a youthful and upbeat atmosphere that is great for young crowds. My favorite thing about the Arcade Bar is that it features giant retro games that can be played with friends or on your own.
- Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub. Located on the iconic street The Continuum that runs through the heart of Gainesville, this Irish pub is definitely the life and soul of downtown Gainesville. The bar is presented in a 1930’s building that sets the scene for the Irish theme. Enjoy a pint to the sound of live music at this bar.
- Madrinas. Fancy a cocktail or two? Then this quaint bar will be right up your street. It’s open every day from 4pm to 2am so there are endless opportunities for you to sit back and sip at this open bar.
- Dragonfly. One of the hottest eateries in Gainesville. It is popular for its simply fantastic cocktail bar that makes fresh and unique cocktails around the clock. The combination of sushi and steak meals on the menu means this restaurant has a little something for everyone and at a great price.
- Leonardo’s. Too early for lunch but too late for breakfast? Not to worry as Leonardo’s is one of the best brunch houses in all of Gainesville. Try a couple of slices of crispy French toast and mini muffins with a mug of their freshly ground coffee, you will love it.
- Manuel’s Vintage Room. Do you fancy a hearty Italian? Then you will love Manuel’s Vintage Room. They serve the very best gnocchi, pizza, spaghetti and just about everything you want to eat that will make you feel like you are walking down the windy cobbled streets of Venice. If you love a sip of wine with your meal, then this is the place to be as they have over 150 wines on their menu for you to choose from.
So when choosing your next road trip destination, don’t forget to mark Gainesville Florida onto your list! The wide range of impressive bars, unique shops, and tasty restaurants will make you wonder why you left it so long to visit.