If you are looking to spend a fun day out in Gainesville, Florida, there is no end of exciting activities to participate in, museums to visit and national parks to explore with family and friends. If you are on a short stay in Gainesville there are some places you will want to make sure you check out before you leave, and one of those is the Gainesville Downtown Art Festival.
Are you looking for a fun place to spend time with friends where you can get lost in breathtaking artwork, listen to the relaxing sounds of blues music, meet fellow art enthusiasts and share your artistic story? Then you will love to spend some time at the Gainesville Downtown Art Festival, one of Gainesville’s most popular festivals. This is the perfect destination if you are looking to get out of the house for the weekend and embrace a complete change of scenery and break away from the clutches of the virtual world.
Are you ready to head down to Gainesville Downtown Art Festival with your friends? Then check out this article as it will provide you with all the information you need about the festival before visiting and help you to get the most out of the weekend.
Festivals In Gainesville
If there is one thing you should know about Gainesville before visiting, it is that the city loves to celebrate the arts and is known for holding some great art festivals throughout the year, celebrating the cities culture and talent.
Are you ready to make an appearance at one of the fantastic festivals in Gainesville? Here is a list of some of the most popular art festivals in Gainesville that you must check out:
Gainesville Spring Arts Festival
Usually held in March or April, the Spring Arts Festival is an annual event that celebrates the change in season and displays local wildlife in bloom. The festival often has a display of live music.
Gainesville Fall Festival
Usually held in August or September, the Fall Festival is the perfect event for families to learn more about one of the most colorful seasons of the year.
Gainesville Downtown Festival And Art Show
An art festival held on different days throughout the year, with a display of some of Gainesville’s most gorgeous artwork to the sounds of soothing blues music. Stay tuned throughout this article to learn more about this event!
Get Savvy On The Gainesville Downtown Art Festival
If you are planning a trip to the Gainesville Downtown Art Festival, take a look at the following general details about the festival, when it takes place, its location and what you can see there.
The Gainesville Downtown Art Festival is held at 111 East University Avenue, Gainesville, Florida – a perfect centrical location in Gainesville that makes it easy for those unfamiliar with Gainesville to get to the event. The date of the Art Festival changes every year, so it is recommended that you check the festival’s website to check the upcoming dates.
If you are planning a visit to Gainesville solely to visit the Art Festival, you can check the website with much annihilation as dates for upcoming festivals are usually posted online at least one year before the event takes place.
A Little Something For Everyone
The Gainesville Downtown Art Festival prides themselves on displaying something that will interest everyone during their events. Are you ready to see what categories are regular features at the festival? Then take a look at the following list of normal features at the Gainesville Downtown Art Festival so that you can have a sneak peek at what will be on display next festival season:
- Festival Arts – a regular feature at the festival displaying lots of different pieces of artwork, some local to Gainesville and others conveying ideas from across the globe
- Performing Arts – enjoy a live expression of art. Enjoy modern, jazz, and international dance or even listen to live music throughout the weekend.
- Culinary Arts – perfect for those who like a more tasty approach to the arts. You can approach some of the many food stalls at the festival and have a taste of some of the most exotic and local cuisine.
- Kids’ Art – something to help get your kids in touch with their creative side. Your children will be able to spend some time at the Imagination Station and enjoy face painting and other fun activities special for little ones.
- Young Artists – inspiration for youths to explore their artistic vibes. Make sure you book a place to enjoy this aspect of the festival as it is very popular. Take a look at the website for more information.
That’s right, there is a little something for everyone at the Gainesville Downtown Art Festival, with more specific information about what will be coming up at the next festival available on the festival’s website.