If you are anything like me, you simply love going for a bike ride. There is nothing that will help you put a spring in your step better than going for a quick whizz around your local park and soaking in the breathtaking view of the morning sunrise and listening to the birds chirp on the trees in the morning before peddling back to the house and getting ready for work.
I try to incorporate biking into my daily routine, although I can’t bike to work because it is simply too far, I often try riding my bike to the station and getting public transport into the office and then riding the bike back home. I also love taking the kids out with me on biking trails at the weekend and then stopping off for something tasty to eat before traveling back home.
Do you feel like you have exhausted your local bike trails and are looking for the very best bike adventures and picturesque sceneries to visit along your biking travels? Then take a look at the following article that will let you in on the very best Gainesville Florida bike trails that are perfect for families.
Bike Safety In Gainesville
Before you get out on the wide open road, you will probably want to find out more about bike safety in Gainesville and how you can keep you and your family safe while on the trail and while biking down busy streets. Take a look at the following tips that will keep you safe on your bikes this weekend.
- Bikes have the same rights as cars and are classified as vehicles by law in Florida so cyclists should come to a complete stop at stop signs, obey traffic light signals, obey the flow of traffic and traffic direction.
- Drinking while cycling is prohibited.
- Cyclists should also wear a helmet, have properly working brakes, use hand signals to indicate a change in direction and cycle no more than two abreast on roads to make it easier for vehicles to overtake.
Archer Braid Bike Trail
The Archer Braid Bike Trail is the perfect track for those who are looking to explore the sights between Gainesville and Archer. It is a 6.2 mile trail, the perfect length for those who would like to build up their stamina while riding. The trail is paved with asphalt making it a smooth ride for those who are looking for a peaceful and nontaxing escape into nature with family or friends. The trail passes through a majestic wood providing the perfect shade on warmer days and also allowing you to catch a glimpse of the awesome, natural scenery as you ride through the trail.
6th Street Rail Trail
Are you looking for a trail that is a little more challenging? Then you will love this 10 mile 6th Street Rail Trail that starts in the center of Gainesville Florida and then heads south. This trail is perfect for people of all skill levels and will help you to build up your stamina on a bike and push yourself to the limit. The trail is paved with asphalt making it an easier, smoother and more comfortable ride for those crossing it on a bike, on foot, or even on a skateboard.
Dog-Friendly Trails In Gainesville
As you already know, finding a dog-friendly bike trail may not be as easy as it seems. Alligators are known to live in the many springs and lakes across Florida so it is important to choose a trail that is far away from any wetlands, riverbeds or bodies of water to help avoid hookworm infections.
Here is a list of some dog-friendly trails in Gainesville that you will be able to enjoy with your bike and furry friend without worrying about any of the dangers mentioned above.
- Cofrin Nature Park. This nature park is well known for being dog-on-a-leash friendly and for being the perfect place to cycle around on your bike. The trail is half a mile long and is surrounded by a blissful creek and a quaint wooded area. The park is open every day from 7 am to 8 pm so that you can take advantage of the long evenings and the bright mornings to go for a quick ride with your canine friend.
- Alfred A. Ring Park. Another fantastic dog park with various benches and waste disposal trash cans. The trails in this park are more rustic and are easier for walking around rather than bike riding.
While biking through Gainesville make sure you visit the very best parks with paved paths and breathtaking views so that you can enjoy and soak in every moment with family and friends and maybe even your family pet.
When biking through Gainesville make sure you have got all of your safety gear intact and be sure to follow the highway laws in order to stay safe on the roads.
Leave a Reply