Most people today opt to cook healthy food at home instead of eating out. Whether it is a family dinner or an afternoon BBQ, healthy eating is now at the core of most home cooking. If you are after the best BBQ idea for your family or for a party, you should consider grilled shrimp.
Of course, shrimp is one of the most consumed species of shellfish and you will find it in most restaurants. What many people don’t know is that making delicious grilled shrimp is easy and fast. If you want to find the best content writing jobs and need a test paper on the tastiest BBQ shrimp recipe, you are at the right place.
This article explores Grilled Marinated Shrimp a popular recipe that’s easy and fast to use. Read on.
Shrimp and Healthy Eating
Of course, you want to give your family a healthy meal and for this reason, you should get insight on the nutrition benefits of shrimp. This shellfish is protein rich with three ounces of shrimp providing about 20 grams of protein.
They are low in calories and provide other nutrients including vitamin B12, phosphorous, selenium, choline, copper, and iodine. Eating shrimp prevents premature aging, proper thyroid function and brain health. A carotenoid called astaxanthin is the primary type of antioxidant in shrimp according to a study published by healthline and it helps protect against inflammation, reduce risk of heart attack and promote brain health.
Grilled Marinated Shrimp Recipe
Now that you understand the benefits of eating shrimp, it is time to learn how to make one of the most delicious shrimp meals. For the Grilled Marinated Shrimp, you need the following:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
To get the best results:
- Choose large shrimp for grilling
- Skewer the shrimp to keep control of them on the hot grill
- Keep a close watch as shrimp cooks quickly and use medium heat
Directions for Grilling
- Use a mixing bowl to mix tomato paste, and black pepper, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic and oregano, salt. Leave a small mixture to use for basting later. Use a resealable and add marinade into shrimps. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Set the grill to medium-low heat and pre-grill. Take the skewers and thread the shrimps piercing near the tail and near the head. At this point, discard the marinade.
- Oil the grill grate lightly and cook your shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure you baste frequently with the marinade you reserved earlier.
- Serve with a bed of pasta or your favorite meal after removing the skewers or share with family on the skewers for an exciting meal.
If you have always wanted to enjoy seafood at home, this Grilled Marinated Shrimp should do the trick. It not only offers nutritional benefits but brings something fresh to your BBQ afternoons.