It doesn’t have to be barbecue season for it to be the perfect time to whip out the grill and make a piping hot stack of pork chops. Are you looking for the best grilled pork chops recipe out there? Then you have come to the right place, as this article will let you in on all of the tips and tricks that will help you to make a batch of scrumptious pork chops that your family and friends will die for.
In this article, we will take a look at the very best pork chop recipe, but not only that, but we will also answer some of those burning pork chop questions such as – how long does it take to grill pork chops, and what temperature do you grill pork chops?
With all of this information and more awaiting you in this article, I am sure you are ready to dive straight in! So let’s get to it!
How Long Does It Take To Grill Pork Chops?
One of the important things to keep in mind when making pork chops is timing. Are you planning to make a couple of side dishes to go with the meat? Perhaps some creamy mashed potatoes or a fresh salad? Then it is key to know how long it will all take to cook so you can have an idea of when to start cooking your side dishes so that it is all ready to eat and the same time and hot to serve.
Over a medium heat, pork chops that are about an inch thick will take about 8 to 10 minutes to cook. If you are cooking thick pork chops, you will need to allow about 15 minutes for them to cook through. Pork chops with a bone in could take as long as 18 to 20 minutes to cook.
What Temperature Do You Grill Pork Chops?
The variation in cooking time based on the thickness of your pork chops makes it especially important to cook your pork chops to a certain temperature. The following information will explain a bit more about that.
Using a probe thermometer is key to cooking your pork chops to the right temperature. Pork is a funny meat, and if it is cooked for too long, it can become rather tough and chewy to swallow, and, of course, it goes without saying that there are dangers when undercooking your meat.
Pork should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat probe to keep an eye on the temperature while it cooks, but you should also avoid piercing the meat too many times, as every time you do, the pork loses some of the juices that keep it tender and succulent. Ensure that you pierce the flesh when measuring the temperature of your meat as the temperature of the bones often reads differently to the meat itself.
The Ultimate Grilled Pork Chop Recipe
Now we have discussed the technicalities of it all, it is time to put it into practice! The following is the last grilled pork recipe you will need to make the best grilled pork dinner for your family and friends to enjoy. Follow the recipe closely for the most awesome results!
Share the goodness – this recipe feeds 6!
- 6 pork chops
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of ground mustard
- 3 tsp of kosher salt
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pork chops and the olive oil in a small bowl and mix to form the rub.
- Rub both sides of the chops over with olive oil and then pack the rub onto the chops, coating them as thickly as possible with the rub.
- Sear the meat for two minutes on each side with direct heat. Then transfer to indirect heat to continue cooking the chops.
- Reduce the burners to medium and continue cooking the chops for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit when measured with a meat probe.
- Remove the chops from the grill once they have cooked and place them on a serving plate. Allow them to rest for up to 10 minutes before serving (this allows time for the juices to return to the surface of the meat).
Now that you have made this recipe for yourself, try making it your own! Fancy adding a couple of extra spices to your rub to make it something your family will love? Go ahead! I am sure you will be able to create your own fantastic rub that your family will not be able to get enough of!