If you are looking for something tasty to cook this weekend that will have your family queueing up for more, then I am sure you will love this grilled chicken thighs recipe.
Chicken thighs is a juicy and soft cut of meat that are filling and ideal for the next family dinner. Not too sure how to make this delish dish a success? Then make sure you check out the recipe contained in this article as not only will we be serving up the hottest chicken thigh recipe tips and tricks, but we will also answer those burning questions of yours like “how long does it take to grill chicken thighs?” and, “what temperature should they be cooked at?”
Stay tuned for more!
Related: Smoked chicken recipe
How Long Does It Take To Grill Chicken Thighs?
After preparing a gorgeous marinade or rub, the last thing you want to do is overcook your chicken thighs, and, of course, you know the dangers of undercooking chicken so I think it is safe to say that timing is essential when it comes to completing this recipe.
So just how long does it take to grill chicken thighs?
All in all, chicken thighs should be cooked for roughly 12 to 14 minutes on a hot grill – about 6 to 7 minutes per side. But this depends a lot on how hot your grill is and the thickness of your chicken thighs.
A far safer way of judging how long your chicken should cook is to use a meat probe when cooking. Chicken should be cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to insert the probe into the center of the chicken so that you can be certain that you are accurately measuring the temperature.
Top tip: Try not to pierce the flesh of the chicken too many times when testing its internal temperature as every time you do, the chicken loses some of those all-important juices that keep it succulent and juicy.
Related: How to grill chicken legs
The Most Awesome Grilled Chicken Thighs Marinade
Chicken is a bland meat when it hasn’t been seasoned. That is why you will need the best grilled chicken marinade in order to bring this meal to life. The following is a list of the ingredients you will need to turn this meat into something irresistibly scrumptious
- ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 1 tbsp of mustard powder
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Add all of the ingredients to a zip lock bag, place the chicken thighs inside then zip the bag shut.
- Shake the bag to coat the chicken and massage the bag over the chicken to spread the marinade evenly. Marinate the chicken for at least two hours but preferably overnight to allow the flavors to sink into the meat.
How To Grill Chicken Thighs
We have landed at the most important part of this article! Now that we know exactly how long chicken thighs should be cooked on a grill, we can jump to the recipe!
Here is the best grilled chicken recipe. Make sure you follow it closely for the most finger-lickingly tasty results!
- 4 pounds of boneless marinated chicken thighs. (See recipe and directions listed above).
- Freshly chopped parsely (as desired, optional).
Grilled Chicken Thigh Recipe Directions
- Marinate the chicken for at least two hours but preferably overnight to allow the flavors to sink into the meat. (See recipe and directions listed above).
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat (between 375 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the chicken thighs from the zip lock bags and then cook the meat on the grill for about 6 to 7 minutes per side (until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit when tested with a meat probe).
- Remove the meat from the grill and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Allow the chicken to rest for up to 10 minutes before serving. (This allows time for the juices to spread across the bird).
- Sprinkle the chicken with chopped parsley when serving if you desire.
Have you made this grilled chicken thighs recipe? Then make sure you accompany it with the best sides! Try a thick and creamy mash, garlic and herb wild rice, or even a three bean salad as the perfect accompaniment to this chicken dinner.
Now that you have had a go at the marinade, try throwing in your favorite spices to really make this recipe your own!
Cooking grilled chicken thighs is dead easy, especially with the right marinade behind you. Try this recipe out with the family at the weekend. I am sure they will love it!